Monday, November 24, 2008

Oceanside

For the last two days I have been listening to the Decemberists song "Oceanside" again and again and again. It's an early song, from their first disk, 5 Songs. I've heard it many times before and it never did much for me before. But for some reason, it struck me the other day. Now I just want to hear it again and again... and again.
Sweet Anabelle
As seen reclining on an ocean swell
As the waves do lather up to lay her down
'til she's fast.
And sleeping
Oh well
I guess I'm something of a ne'er-do-well
Who fell asleep at the pealing of the steeple bell
I'm on track and keeping

But oh
If I could only get you oceanside
To lay your muscles wide
It'd be heavenly
Oh.
If I could only coax you overboard
To leave these lolling shores
To get you oceanside.
Beautiful.

No comments: